OOTD- #DayTripToChic

8.19.2014

Hey everyone,
I was recently invited by Kildare Village to take part in their new #DayTripToChic campaign and competition. I entered one of my previous outfit posts but decided to style an outfit dedicated to the campaign! The Day Trip To Chic campaign is about "finding that special, secret escape from the Summer hustle and bustle". The first place I originally thought of was Castletown House, but as this was already displayed in Kildare Village's video with blogger Tara Marzuki, I decided to head up to Carton House instead- equally beautiful! The video Kildare Village shot is really stylish, and I highly recommend checking it out:  http://www.kildarevillage.com/en/campaign/day-trip-to-chic/day-trip-to-chic.
Carton House in Maynooth, County Kildare is less than a 10 minute drive from me, but it's so hidden away, you would think that you were in the middle of the country! It's now a luxurious hotel, but it's said to have been around since the 17th century. I wanted to shoot something almost Downton Abbey inspired, so this was the perfect location. Not long ago, I bought a sewing machine, and with the help of my dress designer gran, believe it or not, I made this silk top! It's certainly not perfect, but if I do say so myself it's not bad for a first attempt.
It's also my first attempt at a beehive, following Olivia from What Olivia Did's tutorial. It's such a fun and easy hairstyle, surprisingly! 







Top- handmade by me
Skirt- vintage [thanks Lisa!]
Shoes- gift from Zoë With Umlauts
Necklace- Om Diva
Jacket- Penneys/Primark
Gloves & clutch bag: vintage

Have you got a secret escape from busy Summer life? Where would be you #DayTripToChic?
p.s- this post isn't sponsored, I just really liked the idea of the campaign!

5 comments

  1. Lovely outfit. The detailing on the back of the blouse is quite elegant! & I adore how you've styled your hair. (:

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral midi skirt is so cute! Love that colourful print

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fab outfit!
    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning outfit Rachel,you look fantastic and it was such a lovely day too! xx

    holliegarner44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.