Blog Awards Ireland 2013 @ Osprey Hotel, Naas

10.13.2013


Hey everyone,

As I'm sure you all know by now, I was recently a finalist for 'Best Youth Blog' in the Blog Awards Ireland. I still can't get over the fact that I got so far! Although I didn't win this year, I had an amazing time at the event in the beautiful Osprey Hotel in Naas, Co. Kildare. It was an honour to be there!

My outfit;


Dress- River Island
Shoes- River Island
Clutch- Vintage
[apologies for the bad quality, the lighting wasn't the best!]

I was quite nervous about attending as this was by far the biggest blogger event I've been to. We were to be seated at tables of 10 for the dinner, and I hadn't a clue who myself and my mam would sit with! Luckily, the lovely Megan from Blondes Love Cupcakes tweeted me before hand, so my mind was to put at ease. It was crazy, being surrounded by so many bloggers! There was without a doubt around 200 people there. Finally- a socially acceptable place to tweet at a dinner table. It was actually quite funny, seeing the amount of people taping away on their phones. It was also great to have another blogger around the same age as me at the table, Shannon from Paisean le hAghaidh Faisin. We were also joined by Rebecca of Bec Boop Fashionista World, who was there to support her fiancé! I adore making new blogger friends, and everyone at my table got on really well. We were by far the loudest, shouting for each other when our names appeared on the screen! 
l-r; Megan, myself, Shannon & Rebecca

with the lovely Shannon

myself and Rebecca

me & mam


collecting our finalist certificates! 

there's me!

The dinner was delicious [especially dessert- yum!]. There was great entertainment and a hilarious host, too. The hotel itself was fab, definitely one of the nicest I've been in. Not only did we have the coolest shower and bath, but the leisure centre was so luxurious too. I'd love to stay there again!

All in all, I had a great evening, regardless of not winning. I'd love to attend next year, even if my blog isn't nominated again!

-Rachel x
where to find me >

6 comments

  1. Looks like such an amazing event! Well done, it's great to know that a lovely blogger like yourself is getting recognition!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit and it looks like you had a great time :)
    I've tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check out your questions on my blog post here: http://thriftoclock.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/liebster-blog-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked gorgeous hope you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute lil post :) Yaaaayyy new blogger friends :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfits and great pics. River Island always have great pieces. Congrats on the nomination.

    TL. Xx
    Twynkle Loves
    Youtube
    Check out my new Beauty Box Giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.